Sulfur trioxide (SO3) and oleum are essential intermediates used in the production of many important products. Supply chain risks and the rapidly rising cost of transportation have become very serious concerns for users. Production in situ, near the point of use, has long been a coveted arrangement but not necessarily practical or economical…until now.
- The ability to cycle SO3/oleum productive capacity up and down in seconds provides operational flexibility for customers who routinely operate multiple processes with product changeovers.
- Immediate restart when system is “hot”…immediate restart whether down for two minutes or two days.
- Small footprint can easily integrate with existing operation.
- Expandable modular design provides redundancy and flexibility.
- Easily expandable modular design provides redundancy and flexibility.